To transform the world for the better through engineering intelligence.
To provide technology, engineering and consulting expertise to maximise building energy and carbon performance for planet, people and profit.
Purpose of Role
The role will involve installation, retrofitting, integration and commissioning of BMS – primarily Trend and Tridium systems, but a good working knowledge of other systems such as Distech, Priva, RDM, Innotech, Siemens etc. You will be of a distinct advantage, as we maintain multiple systems with our agnostic approach to controls. You will work at sites across the country.
Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and technical engineering consultancy. Established for 22 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and technical management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure sites Building Management Systems are maintained correctly and commissioned fully during new or retrofit installations where delivery exceeds customers’ expectations
- Produce maintenance and site survey reports and keep the office up to date with site progress, where we are managing fit out project.
- Interfacing with MODbus, Mbus and BACnet systems to third party equipment, using MQTT, JSON and API’s using Webhooks.
- Coordinate work on larger installations
- Provide technical support to all internal staff
- Establish strong and trusting relationships with all clients, recognising when to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality service.
- There will be full technical back up from senior engineers within the Company.
From time to time the job holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities commensurate with their role and capabilities, that are not specifically referenced above.
- Working knowledge of proprietary controls systems and working knowledge of Trend and/or Tridium systems, including the ability to create graphical representation of the installed BMS solution.
- Good electrical knowledge and sound understanding of M&E systems, including fault finding.
- Full driving licence
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and think outside the box for creative solutions.
- Proactive with an interest in learning and developing skills further.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Motivate and have good cross-functional relationships.
- Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
- The ability to meet deadlines and work effectively within and as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Competent to maintain the Company and client H&S standards at all times.
- Passion for the development and education of engineering intelligence.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel within the UK and overseas for the role.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of operational processes to increase efficiency and professionalism.
The following attributes are desirable:
- An understanding of other BMS systems.
- An understanding of energy and carbon management.
Hours and Location
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday.
- Competitive salary of £35k – 40k+ depending on experience
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- Private pension
- Private Medical Insurance including EAP
- Company car or opt out scheme commensurate with the role and the skills
- Flexible working
- 25 Days Holiday per year, plus public holidays
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individual, regardless of their background.