Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and technical engineering consultancy, is seeking to employ a Senior Energy Manager with a background in energy efficiency / engineering services / the built environment / sustainability / Net Zero / to join our well-established team supporting our Head Office in Bristol, but also serving our Dublin, and Wakefield offices. Established for 22 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and technical management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors.
Purpose of Role
Working in a small friendly team you will lead the Energy & Carbon Savings Team (E&CST) by delivering quality-controlled client reporting, analysis, observations, and recommendations. You will plan and deliver profitable contracts that result in measurable energy savings for our clients. The Senior Energy Manager will directly interface with existing and new ETS clients in the UK, Ireland, and Europe to identify opportunities for energy and carbon savings, and the adaptation of existing and innovative new technologies. The candidate will also take a lead role in the development of the team, will interface with the data science team and the ETS engineering consultants and through exceptional service delivery be promoting the ETS brand.
You will report directly to a Senior Board Director. Your normal place of work will be from home through our hybrid working arrangements, however, will be expected to visit the office for team meetings/direction, training days and other times deemed suitable at the ETS offices located at Eden Office Park, Pill; within easy access of the M5 motorway and Bristol City Centre.
The Senior Energy Manager will have experience and knowledge of energy management practices and energy engineering on both commercial and retail buildings (and ideally industrial). The role will involve communicating with internal and external clients and providing practical solutions to their energy challenges.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Line manager for Energy & Carbon Savings Team.
- Key account manager for major ETS clients.
- Proactively adding value to our clients and revenue to ETS by identifying energy and carbon saving opportunities for our clients, including technical and financial concept development of energy and carbon reducing concepts e.g. CHP, ASHP, GSHP, biomass, building fabric upgrades, motor replacements, controls upgrades etc.
- Supporting ETS clients with identification and implementation of energy reduction targets and energy efficiency programmes.
- Identification, evaluation and implementation of new technologies, and optimising energy system operating strategies.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned energy programs on time and within budget, which will require detailed energy and relevant site data analysis, and the communication or implementation of improvement programs.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing capital and operational energy reduction opportunities, projects and programs for cost and carbon savings.
- Leading and/or self-delivering ESOS/SECR/Heat Network Regs/ISO 50001 instructions with the support of ECST team members as required.
- Implementation of new technologies including renewables.
- Develop and implement training programs for colleagues and clients.
- To be Client facing and managing client expectations, whilst also supporting the Business Development team.
- Be a source of specialist knowledge on energy-management best practice.
- Analyse data and site operating conditions and advise other ETS Key Account Managers and consultants where savings can be made.
- Undertake onsite energy audits and communicate outcomes to client professionally using best in class reporting and/or in person or virtual meetings and presentations.
From time to time the job holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities commensurate with their role and capabilities, that are not specifically referenced above
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service focus, actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience, fight against climate change and thrive on building good working relationships with your colleagues across the business.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in a similar role in addition to Line Management experience.
- Energy auditing and opportunity identification, completing professional energy audit report and presentations for clients.
- Sound understanding of energy management practices, principles, and methodologies.
- Strong focus on quality and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate with clients professionally, and with confidence.
- Ability to create clear, concise, and meaningful reports.
- Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
- High level of numeracy, with solid analytical / statistical skills.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Highly effective project-scoping and project-management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills internally and externally.
- Excellent knowledge of building services and energy systems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent computer skills.
- ESOS and ISO 50001 Lead Assessor accredited.
- Knowledge or experience of industry schemes such as BREEAM, GRESB, SECR, Heat Networks Regulations.
- Membership of an appropriate industry body e.g. Energy Institute, EMA.
- Understanding of building controls / internet of things / BMS.
- Experience with relevant 3rd party software to identify energy savings and optimise energy asset performance e.g. RDM, Innotech, DEXMA Analyse
- Experience of Cloud based energy management software applications
- Start Date: Immediate
- Location: Home / Eden Office Park, Pill, Bristol.
- Job type: Permanent.
- Working pattern: Full-time
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday
- Competitive salary of £45k
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday per annum
- Private medical insurance including EAP
- Company pension
- Learning and development plan with a clear career path
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- Flexible working including hybrid arrangements
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of their background.