Job Title: Consulting Engineer
Team / Department: Consulting & Project Management Engineers / Operational Services
Line Manager: Phil Bilyard
To transform the world for the better through engineering intelligence.
Purpose of Role
Successful candidate will be responsible to support the operations team. The operations team is
responsible for the management and delivery of project, contract and energy management
services, general technical consultancy and working as our clients designated and trusted
Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and
technical engineering consultancy. Established for 22 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and
technical management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon
reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Technical surveys general;
• Plant performance reviews and surveys;
• Plant maintenance and performance reviews / audits;
• Planned maintenance formation, specifications and tendering;
• Asset surveys (general)
• Plant condition reviews, lifecycle and preparation of capital expenditure forecasts;
• Energy audits and surveys;
• Compliance reviews and audits;
• Energy Audits and Surveys;
• The production of reports and technical papers.
From time to time the job holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities
commensurate with their role and capabilities, that are not specifically referenced above.
The following attributes are essential:
• Minimum of a technical education certificate to a National Certificate level three or
equivalent in a relevant subject;
• Solid mathematical skills – evidenced in a working environment;
• Worked within a relevant building services, energy management or maintenance sector
for a minimum of three years or;
• As a graduate, undertaken technical studies and subject matter in buildings services /
energy management practice or environmental science;
• Proficient in the use of Excel and general Microsoft Office applications;
• Attentive to detail with experience of technical report writing;
• Full driving license
• Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service
• Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
• Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and think outside the box for creative solutions.
• Proactive with an interest in learning and developing skills further.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate
technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Motivate and have good cross-functional relationships
• Competent to maintain the Company and client H&S standards at all times.
• Passion for the development and education of engineering intelligence.
• Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel within the UK and overseas for the
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of operational processes to
increase efficiency and professionalism
The following attributes are desirable:
• Educated to Higher National or Degree standard in a related discipline;
• Registered with the UK Engineering Council at Engineering Technician (EngTech) or
Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) level or;
• Prepared to work towards Chartered Energy Manager / Engineer status with support and
mentoring of the business as appropriate;
• Worked in the project / energy or contract management sectors;
• Held a position as supervisor or manager in a relevant industry sector or;
• Operated as a Technical Facilities or Building Manager;
• Has an interest in Energy Management – energy profiles, energy data and characteristics;
• Experienced in statistical analysis and manipulation of data;
• Experienced Building services practitioner;
• Understanding of equipment controls and automation;
• Engineering, electrical engineering or a technical background generally
• Start Date: Immediate
• Location: North
• Job type: Permanent
• Working pattern: Full-time
• Working hours: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday
• Competitive salary £35,000 – £40,000
• 25 days holiday + bank holiday per annum
• Private medical insurance including EAP
• Company pension
• Learning and development plan with a clear career path
• Company Profit Share Scheme
• Company car or opt out scheme
• Loyalty bonus scheme
• Flexible working including hybrid arrangements
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and
therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals
regardless of their background