We are seeking a Data Analyst to join our Technical Energy Centre (TEC) which is based in peaceful countryside on the outskirts of Bristol. This is an exciting time to join a team that is growing fast and rapidly developing new and innovative processes for data manipulation and visualisation.
The Technical Energy Centre provides energy data management, analysis and reporting for a wide range of clients such as ALDI, Sainsbury’s and BNP Paribas Real Estate. Our goal is to help building users to see exactly where energy waste is occurring, and to understand what can be done to stop it. We do this by monitoring and analysing energy data from thousands of sites each day, diagnosing any problems, and reporting back.
We are in daily contact with site engineers and building occupants to help them make the immediate changes that can reduce carbon emissions and cost. Meanwhile, our reports and analytical insights show the effect of our interventions; and help make the business case for large-scale improvements. Our data analysis team is central to our effectiveness.
- Downloading, cleaning and analysing data
- Constructing and maintaining databases
- Designing and producing reports for our clients (both one-off and regular)
- Investigating and responding to enquiries about energy performance
- Monitoring and adjusting building controls through remote interfaces
- Liaising with internal and external clients, and other stakeholders
Applicants will be judged on the evidence they can provide against the list of requirements below.
- Previous experience in a data analysis or similar role
- SQL database operation and development experience
- Advanced Excel skills including manipulation of large datasets and the ability to
create engaging and attractive outputs
- Practical experience in Python, R, C++ or similar analytical languages
- Solid statistical and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret data, clearly summarise key findings and present insights
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment
- Effective at managing priorities to achieve multiple overlapping deadlines
- Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy)
- Excellent written English / technical report writing skills
- Building control and communications protocols
- Engineering or a technical background
Hours and Reward Package
This is a permanent role for 37.5 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday. In return we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- Loyalty Bonus
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday per annum (plus public holidays)