At ETS we believe that engineering intelligence is transforming the world for good. We provide the technology, engineering and consulting expertise to maximise building energy performance for planet, people and profit.
Our goal is to help our clients understand where they are wasting energy, and to help them stop it. We do this by monitoring and analysing data from thousands of buildings each day, diagnosing any problems, and reporting back. We are in daily contact with site engineers and building occupants to help them make changes that can slash carbon emissions and overhead costs.
We are now seeking to add a new Database Developer to our award-winning team based near Bristol.
The successful candidate will join our Data Team, based in peaceful countryside on the outskirts of Bristol (although we are currently home-working where possible). The Data Team provides data management, analysis and reporting for our consultants; helping them to optimise energy performance across a wide range of buildings. This is an exciting time to join a team that is growing fast and rapidly developing new processes for data manipulation and analysis.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
• Working with data warehouse solutions
• Creating and checking ETL processes
• Implementing and documenting robust processes for downloading, cleaning and analysing data
• Developing and producing reports for our clients (both one-off and regular)
• Quality assurance and maintenance of the database and its outputs
Applicants will be judged on the evidence they can provide against the list of requirements below.
The following attributes are essential:
• Previous experience as a database developer or in a similar role
• Strong SQL database administration and development skills (MS SQL and mySQL)
• Experience in writing and managing ETL procedures
• Practical experience of Python for ETL or similar purposes
• Advanced Excel skills, including automation of Excel reports from database
• Effective at managing priorities to achieve multiple overlapping deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment
• Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy)
Knowledge, experience or qualification in the following areas is desirable but not essential:
• Ability to apply statistical and numerical techniques to inspect and cleanse data
• Excellent written English / technical documentation writing skills
• Data analysis techniques such as machine learning or signal processing
• Building control and communications protocols
• Mechanical engineering or a related background
Hours and Reward Package
This is a permanent role for 37.5 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday. In return we can offer:
• Competitive salary of £35K – £40K depending on experience
• Company profit share scheme
• Loyalty bonus scheme
• Flexible and hybrid working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)