We are seeking a Database Developer to join our Data Science team, which is based in peaceful countryside on the outskirts of Bristol (although we are currently home-working where possible). This is an exciting time to join a team that is growing fast and rapidly developing new and innovative processes for data manipulation and visualisation.
The team provides data management, analysis and reporting for our engineers, energy managers and clients, to help them optimise a wide range of buildings such as hotels, supermarket chains, and prestige offices.
Meanwhile, our reports and analytical insights show the effect of our interventions; and help make the business case for large-scale improvements. Our data team is central to the business’s effectiveness.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
• Working with data warehouse solutions
• Creating and checking ETL processes
• Implementing and documenting robust processes for downloading, cleaning and
• Developing and producing reports for our clients (both one-off and regular)
• Quality assurance and maintenance of the database and its outputs
Applicants will be judged on the evidence they can provide against the list of requirements below.
The following attributes are essential:
• Previous experience as a database developer or in a similar role
• Strong SQL database administration and development skills (MS SQL and mySQL)
• Experience in writing and managing ETL procedures
• Practical experience of Python for ETL and analytical / machine learning applications
• Advanced Excel skills, including automation of Excel reports from database
• Ability to apply statistical and numerical techniques to inspect and cleanse data
• Effective at managing priorities to achieve multiple overlapping deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment
• Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy)
Knowledge, experience or qualification in the following areas is desirable but not essential:
• Excellent written English / technical documentation writing skills
• Building control and communications protocols
• Mechanical engineering or a related background
Hours and Reward Package
This is a permanent role for 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday. In return we can offer:
• Competitive salary of £35K – £40K depending on experience
• Company Profit Share Scheme
• Loyalty Bonus
• Flexible Working
• 25 days holiday per annum (plus public holidays)
For more information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 379 0850.