ETS has been engaged on several commercial properties (circa 80) cost effectiveness reviews for the installation of heat metering equipment. We have been busily processing these reviews over the last two months. There is a large amount of work associated in confirming the systems, plant and equipment, verifying and receiving energy data and installation costs to complete the cost effectiveness exercise.
Under the Heat Network Regulations, suppliers of heat (and / or cooling) on a network or district heating system (effectively multi-let buildings or estates with several buildings and tenancies) must undertake a cost effectiveness exercise by the 27th November 2021. If the effectiveness tool determines that it is viable to install heat metering equipment for the purpose of monitoring and effective recharge of energy costs, this equipment needs to be installed by September 2022. This is a regulatory requirement. Furthermore, suppliers of heat (and / or cooling) must notify the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) of the existence of a heat network and update its status every four years.
There have been several amendments to the regulations and we are finding that many property teams are not aware of their obligations or the requirements. We’re here to help, so if you need advice, help, support or guidance, please do contact us.
We can help you with the following:
- General – advice and guidance on the heat network regulations
- Notification – of a heat network to the OPSS
- Cost effectiveness – Undertake the heat network cost effectiveness exercise (even though the deadline would have lapsed), it is better to have something than nothing at all to avoid punitive measures wherever practicable at a later date
- Project management – of heat meter installations
- Data – handling, processing, recharging, billing and Monitoring & Targeting (M&T) activities
- Energy Management – Policies, strategy and developing an energy management system as a comprehensive practice for you to optimise your operational estate, identify waste and save costs.
For more information about our heat network reviews, business energy management services and more, please contact Dean Noden at Dean.email@example.com or give us a call on 01173790850.