To transform the world for the better through engineering intelligence.
Purpose of Role
To support clients in their drive for energy efficiency and optimisation through engineering
practices, skills and knowledge. To build a relationship with clients, to understand their
requirements across their building portfolio’s, to deliver a quality expert beneficial service, working
individually and with a Team of specialists.
Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and
technical engineering consultancy. Established for 23 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and
technical management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon
reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Customer/Client Relationship & Success Management
• Energy Audits, Surveys & Reviews
• Ensuring optimal building performance stock
• Futureproofing building stock through use of automation
• Liasion with Energy &Carbon Savings Team, Automation Team & the Projects Team for
works, initiatives and service delivery
• Key Account Management
• Building site audits, engineering surveys, reports, installation projects
• Building Surveys and Performance Reporting
Following internal training
• Operational Customer Experience Champion
• Internal workflow management lead for department
• Internal induction training & development of Operational team members
• Mentoring of junior field based consultants
• Health & Safety lead for the department
From time to time the job holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities
commensurate with their role and capabilities, that are not specifically referenced above.
The following attributes are essential:
• M&E, HVAC & BMS Controls technical engineering / electrical surveys / understanding
• HVAC plant performance reviews and surveys
• M&E plant maintenance and performance reviews / audits
• HVAC planned maintenance formation, specifications and tendering
• Building Asset Surveys (general)
• HVAC / M&E plant condition reviews, lifecycle and preparation of capital expenditure
• Compliance reviews and audits
• Energy Audits and Surveys
• The production of reports and technical papers
• Project Management for small M&E project and energy saving initiatives
• Contract management and delivery
• Ability to interpret client requirements
• Ability to clearly summarise and present insights to varied audiences
• Leadership and coaching skills (line management experience is not essential)
• Effective at managing team priorities to achieve multiple overlapping deadlines
• Ability to see opportunities and drive improvements
• Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service
• Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
• Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
• Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
• Have a ‘can do’ attitude and think outside the box for creative solutions.
• Proactive with an interest in learning and developing skills further.
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate
technical information to a non-technical audience.
• Competent to maintain the Company and client H&S standards at all times.
• Passion for the development and education of engineering intelligence.
• Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel within the UK and overseas for the
• Contribute to the ongoing improvement and development of operational processes to
increase efficiency and professionalism
• Start Date: Immediate
• Location: South West / M4 Corridor
• Job type: Permanent.
• Working pattern: Full-time
• Working hours: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday
• Competitive salary £49,000 – £55,000, depending on experience
• 25 days holiday + bank holiday per annum
• Day Off on your Birthday
• Private medical insurance including EAP
• Employer pension contribution 4.5%
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Company Profit Share Scheme
• Company car or opt out scheme
• Loyalty bonus scheme
• Paid eye test and £40 towards your lenses
• Organisation sick pay scheme (if eligible)
• Flexible working including hybrid arrangements
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and
therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals
regardless of their background.