To transform the world for the better through engineering intelligence.
Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and
technical engineering consultancy, is seeking to employ an Associate Director with a background
in energy efficiency / engineering services / the built environment / sustainability / Net Zero / to
join our well-established team supporting our Head Office in Bristol, but also serving our Dublin,
and Wakefield offices. Established for 23 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and technical
management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon reduction
benefit across all buildings and sectors.
Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will join our Data Science Team, based in peaceful countryside on the
outskirts of Bristol. The role will primarily be remote, but there will be occasions when you will
need to commute to our office in Bristol.
The Data Science Team provides data management, analysis and reporting for our consultants
and energy managers, as well as for our wide range of clients; helping them to optimise energy
performance across a wide range of buildings spanning multiple industries.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team and you will be responsible for rapidly developing
new processes for data loading, manipulation, and analysis.
The key responsibilities for this role will include:
The key responsibilities for this role include:
• Maintaining and expanding our SQL Server data warehouse solutions
• Creating new and modernising existing ETL processes
• Implementing and documenting robust processes for cleaning and analysing data
• Developing and producing reports for our clients (both one-off and regular)
• Quality assurance and maintenance of the database and its outputs
Tasks are not limited to those outlined above, and from time-to-time additional tasks and
responsibilities commensurate with their role and capabilities maybe required to be undertaken
that are not specifically referenced above.
The following attributes are essential:
• Previous experience as a database developer or in a similar role.
• Strong SQL server database administration and development skills.
• Proficiency with SSIS and SSMS.
• Experience in writing and managing ETL procedures.
• Practical experience of Python for ETL or similar purposes.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Effective at managing priorities to achieve multiple overlapping deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment.
• Strong focus on quality and exceptional customer service.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
The following attributes are desirable but not essential:
• Ability to apply statistical and numerical techniques to inspect and cleanse data.
• Excellent written English / technical documentation writing skills.
• Data analysis techniques such as machine learning or signal processing.
• Power BI, Microsoft Power Query.
• Experience using SSRS.
• Building control and communications protocols.
• Mechanical engineering or a related background.
Start date: Immediate
Location: Hybrid working (home/office in Pill)
Job type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Friday
• Salary of £35k – £40k depending on experience
• Private pension
• Private Medical Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• 25 days holiday per year, plus public holidays
• Loyalty bonus scheme
• Organisation sick pay scheme
• Hybrid working and Flexi Time
• Paid eye tests and £40 towards your lenses
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and
therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individual,
regardless of their background.