There have been drastic changes to company goals over the years. Focus is no longer just on productivity as it pertains to economic and business performance but also on achieving ESG and sustainable goals. Carbon reporting is now becoming a major demand for shareholders and customers as there is an interest to see how businesses are performing commercially and environmentally.
Finding the right balance between commercial and carbon goals can be a challenge for businesses. There is the desire to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions without incurring greater costs. Another challenge is the lack of skill that can efficiently bridge the gap and ensure that both commercial and carbon targets are met. The false notion that one target must be sacrificed over another limits innovation and mitigation.
With the government pushing for a robust legal and regulatory framework to meet national and global carbon targets, businesses will need to take responsibility to comply with these changes. Rather than viewing this as a forced agenda it is possible to take advantage of the situation to drive commercial growth, pursue carbon targets, reduce energy costs, and satisfy companies CSR plans.
A Sustainable Solution
ETS has a sustainable solution to energy management and carbon emission reductions:
- Policy and planning – These are strategies that filter across the different organizational teams that impact energy. It also covers governance and compliance to meet company targets. The organization can benefit from government investments channeled towards carbon reduction and green technology. This means that company finances can be utilized in other areas where needed.
- Data and diagnostics – Having the right data is a start to driving efficiency as inefficiencies and saving opportunities can be easily identified. A detailed analysis of energy use and costs is no longer done in isolation but can be compared to commercial key performance indicators such as occupancy, sales, and revenue.
- Optimization and implementation – Implementation and control of suggested solutions following data diagnostics can ensure that systems can be put in place to improve performance. Optimization creates real-time benefits for the business, clients and stakeholders as information can be readily available.
- Monitoring, measurement, and analytics – Insight through reoccurring data can be used to monitor, measure, and propose adjustments to the energy coming in and out of the business. This is done to international performance measurement & verification standards (IPMVP).
- Audit and Iteration – Continual improvement to policy, data, optimization, and performance to achieve a recognizable, sustainable, and auditable energy management system.
How can ETS help?
ETS not only employs the engineering aspect of detecting and analysing but we are also equipped with the knowledge and resources to implement, control, and automate. We are also able to take you through the process of implementing strategies that could help businesses get government benefits to meet your carbon targets.
To discuss your requirements, get in touch. You can contact us by calling 0117 205 0542 or drop us an email at email@example.com.