We are seeking a Technical Energy Analyst to support the team in our Technical Energy Centre (TEC). This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) based at our Bristol office.
Working for large clients such as ALDI, Sainsbury’s, or Jones Lang Lasalle, the TEC collects and interprets thousands of datapoints per day to locate and highlight where energy is being wasted. Where problems can be resolved remotely (e.g. by resetting a controller) the TEC will resolve the problem directly, otherwise they will alert a field engineer who can make the necessary repairs.
- Setting up and checking new data streams
- Collecting and cleansing large datasets
- Analysing data via online portals, spreadsheets and databases
- Reporting energy data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Making adjustments to control settings
- Liaising with sub-contractors and facilities managers by phone and email
Applicants will be judged on the evidence they can provide against the list of essential requirements below. The list of desirable knowledge is of interest and will strengthen an application, however a graduate in energy or sustainability will be considered.
- Solid numeracy and mathematical skills
- Proficient in the use of Excel to model and interpret data
- Attentive to detail with experience of working with large amounts of data
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Able to manage work and deliver to strict deadlines
- Able to report for work at ETS Head Office (based Ham Green, Bristol)
- Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy)
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excel VBA, Python, or SQL programming skills
- Database operation and development
- Statistical analysis, uncertainty analysis
- Building services, such as electrical distribution, HVAC or lighting
- Energy management techniques
- Equipment controls and automation
- Mechanical or electrical engineering
For more information about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 379 0850.