It’s safe to say that the energy sector is unpredictable at the moment. Prices are operating in a vulnerable market, so how can businesses ensure they’re prepared for the future, in a way that won’t break the bank? Investing in energy infrastructure is one of the smartest ways to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs but businesses need smart solutions to cope with an uncertain market.
Why energy infrastructure needs to improve – now
The UK’s energy supply infrastructure is in dire need of investment, with some reports claiming that hundreds of billions of pounds are needed by 2030. As demand soars and weather conditions become increasingly extreme, electricity and gas networks need to be prepared.
Consumers are also becoming increasingly concerned with a company’s energy credentials. Businesses that invest early in smart energy solutions are the key to satisfying customers who care about sustainability.
Investing in energy infrastructure now ensures we have the future proof buildings we need – more important than ever during these uncertain times.
What is smart energy management as a service (SEMaaS)?
Smart Energy Management as a Service from ETS empowers companies to significantly reduce their energy consumption and carbon footprint. Reduce waste, reduce spend and increase performance – that’s the core of SEMaaS.
The team at ETS use smart data analytics to identify waste and the actions needed to bring down costs, reduce emissions and improve efficiency. Our services are delivered by a range of experts, from data scientists to engineers and energy specialists. We’ll guide you through the entire process of WHY reduce, WHAT to reduce and HOW to reduce, resulting in money savings and increased operational efficiency for your business.
How does SEMaaS improve energy infrastructure?
Smart and flexible energy systems are needed if the UK is going to adapt to the future of energy. As fossil fuels are phased out and demand for electricity increases, it’s essential for businesses to think about protecting their future energy infrastructure NOW.
SEMaaS has the technology to prioritise resilience and improve the performance and efficiency of existing equipment. Smart energy management can be tailored to suit your needs and we have a wide range of tools at our disposal. From BMS and automation to intelligent ventilation and Smart Spaces technologies, we have everything you need to future proof your energy infrastructure.
What are the benefits of smart energy management?
SEMaaS is a highly effective way to improve your energy infrastructure and this brings a range of valuable benefits for your business. There are many advantages to investing in smart energy management, including:
- Reduced energy costs – research from the UK government found that harnessing the full potential of smart energy systems in the energy sector could reduce the costs of managing the system by up to £10 billion a year by 2050.
- Reduced carbon footprint – smart energy management is a proven way to reduce carbon emissions. Technologies like smart meters allow businesses to accurately track their energy and only use what they need – reducing their carbon footprint in the process.
- Improved performance – optimised systems perform more efficiently – it’s as simple as that. This is driven by a combination of factors, including reduced energy waste and improved efficiency of existing systems.
- Increased return on investment – Our Energy Management Contracts confirm that every £ spent with ETS will result in a multiple £ return in excess of 200%.
- Ensure compliance – a new target to slash emissions by 78% by 2035 is now enshrined in UK law. It’s essential that businesses are compliant where needed and harnessing the power of smart energy management is the way to do this.
How can ETS help?
Whatever your sector, and no matter the size of your estate, we can assist you to drive forward energy, engineering and carbon performance to future-proof your energy infrastructure. We work across a wide range of projects – from individual buildings to 1000+ property portfolios, throughout the UK and Europe. Looking to protect your buildings and invest in energy infrastructure for the future? Contact ETS today to find out more.