Who we are
Energy & Technical Services Ltd. (ETS), an award-winning, data led, energy management and technical engineering consultancy. Established for 24 years, ETS covers a wide range of energy and technical management services, sustainability and Net Zero advice delivering real cost and carbon reduction benefit across all buildings and sectors.
Our purpose is to transform the world for the better through engineering intelligence. We believe that data-driven intelligence is a positive transformational force in the world, and we provide engineering, technology and strategy expertise to optimise property portfolios for planet, people and profit.
Our vision is to be recognised as the leading integration, engineering and SEMaaS partner, delivering intelligent built environment performance.
Purpose of Role
You will lead the Energy & Technical Team (combining the Energy & Carbon Savings Team – ECST and the Technical Services Team – TST) consisting of energy & engineering professionals. The main role will be in overseeing the day to day ‘operations’ and delivery of work to our clients and in expanding opportunities for ETS and benefits for our clients. You will have assistance of ‘Team Leaders’ in achieving this both in the ECST and the TST as your direct ‘reports’.
Key responsibilities include driving the growth of ETS’s sustainability offering, managing the team, and ensuring work is planned and resourced adequately. The Energy & Technical Team Head of Department will directly interface with existing and new ETS clients in the UK, Ireland, and Europe to identify opportunities for energy and carbon savings, and the adaptation of existing and innovative new technologies. The candidate will also take a lead role in the development of the team and will collaborate with the Building Technologies, Data Science and Central Services teams to deliver best in class services and promote the ETS brand.
The Energy & Technical Team Head of Department will have experience and knowledge of energy & carbon management practices for blue-chip multinationals ideally in both the commercial and retail sectors. The role will involve communicating with internal and external clients and providing practical solutions to their energy challenges.
You will report directly to the Energy & Carbon Director. Your normal place of work will be from home through our hybrid working arrangements, however, you will be expected to visit the office for team meetings/direction, training days and other times deemed suitable at the ETS offices located at Eden Office Park, Pill; within easy access of the M5 motorway and Bristol City Centre.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Line manager for Energy & Technical (ECST & TST) Team.
- Be a source of specialist knowledge on energy / carbon management best practice.
- Supporting ETS clients with identification and implementation of energy / carbon reduction targets, strategies and energy efficiency programmes.
- To be client facing and managing client expectations, whilst supporting the delivery of the team.
- Key account manager for major ETS clients.
- Proactively adding value to our clients and revenue to ETS by identifying energy and carbon saving strategies/opportunities for our clients, including technical and financial concept development of energy and carbon reducing strategies / concepts such as CHP, ASHP, GSHP, biomass, building fabric upgrades, motor replacements, controls upgrades etc.
- With the support of your ETS colleagues, identify, evaluate and implement new technologies for the benefit of our clients.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned energy programs on time and within budget, which will require detailed energy and relevant site data analysis, and the communication or implementation of improvement programs.
- Responsible for identifying, illustrating through financial cases and implementing capital and operational energy reduction opportunities, projects and programs for cost and carbon savings.
- Leading and/or self-delivering ESOS/SECR/Heat Network Regs/ISO 50001 instructions with the support of Technical Service Team members as required.
- Support in the development and implementation of training programs for colleagues and clients.
From time to time the job holder may be required to undertake additional responsibilities commensurate with their role and capabilities, that are not specifically referenced above.
The successful candidate will have excellent customer service focus, actively looking for ways in which we can improve the customer experience, fight against climate change and thrive on building good working relationships with your colleagues across the business.
- 5+ years’ technical experience in a similar role including Line Management experience.
- Expert knowledge and experience of designing and implementing Net Zero strategies.
- Sound understanding of energy / carbon management practices, principles, and methodologies.
- Strong focus on quality and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ability to communicate with clients professionally, and with confidence.
- Ability to create clear, concise, and meaningful reports.
- Fit with ETS values (ambitious, determined, expert, trustworthy).
- High level of numeracy, with solid analytical / statistical skills.
- Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Highly effective project-scoping and project-management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team in a multi-project environment.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Agile, adaptable and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Energy auditing and opportunity identification, completing professional energy audit report and presentations for clients.
- ESOS and ISO 50001 Lead Assessor accredited.
- Knowledge or experience of industry schemes such as BREEAM, GRESB, SECR, Heat Networks Regulations.
- Membership of an appropriate industry body e.g. Energy Institute, EMA.
- Understanding of building controls / internet of things / BMS.
- Experience with relevant 3rd party software to identify energy savings and optimise energy asset performance e.g. RDM, Innotech, DEXMA Analyse.
- Experience of Cloud based energy management software applications.
- Start Date: Immediate.
- Location: Bristol, with home working
- Job type: Permanent.
- Working pattern: Full-time.
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, to be worked Monday – Friday.
- Annual salary up to £60,000, depending on experience
- Company car allowance (£6,000 per annum)
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday per annum
- Learning and development plan with a clear career path.
- Day Off on your Birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Compassionate Leave – up to 5 days’ time off
- Employer pension contribution 4.5% to help you save for the future
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Company Profit Share Scheme
- Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Discount scheme – offering hundreds of discounts and providing the education, support and tools to look after your mental and physical health
- Organisation sick pay scheme (if eligible)
- Paid eye test and £40 towards your lenses
- Flexible working arrangements
Energy and Technical Services Ltd are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals
regardless of their background. Research shows that some people are less likely to apply for a role unless they are 100% qualified. Your experience, skills and passion will set your apart so tell us about your achievements. So, if this role excites you, don’t let our role description hold you back, apply now!