ESOS is being strengthened
The Phase 3 changes relate to:
- A standardized template for participants to include compliance information in the ESOS report.
- The de minimis exemption to now 5% (previously 10%).
- The addition of an overall energy intensity metric in ESOS reports – This also fills the existing requirements for SECR.
- Requirement to share ESOS reports with subsidiaries.
- Requirement for ESOS reports to provide more information on next steps for implementing recommendations.
- Requirement for participants to set a target or action plan following the Phase 3 compliance deadline, on which they will be required to report against for Phase 4.
- Collection of additional data for compliance monitoring and enforcement.
- There will be an increased penalty for non-compliance – an initial penalty of up to £50k and an additional £500 per day until the company complies.
How can ETS help?
If you are looking for an energy management system that is tailored to your business needs, ETS can provide you with 25 years of experience in dramatically improving energy efficiency and reducing environmental impacts. Whether your businesses have individual assets or large international portfolios, ETS can assist you in saving substantial amounts of money while significantly reducing your carbon performance.
To discuss your requirements, get in touch. You can contact us by calling 0117 205 0542 or drop us an email at email@example.com.